If Manage opens and gives an error that Adobe Acrobat 7.0 or higher is needed, there are two steps to try:
1. Edit Add-on settings in Internet Explorer
- In the upper right-hand corner of the browser, click on the icon that resembles a gear
- From there, click on Manage add-ons
- In the Show: Drop down box, select All add-ons:
- Find Adobe PDF Reader and select it:
- Select the disable button at the bottom.
- The button will then turn into an Enable button, press this button to re-enable the add-on.
- Close down Manage and re-open the application.
If Step 1 doesn't fix the issue, then try Step 2:
2. Edit Preferences in Adobe Reader:
- Open Adobe Reader
- Under the Edit tab, click Preferences at the bottom
- Under Categories within Preferences, select Security(Enhanced)
- Within the Sandbox Protections box, un-check "Enable Protected Mode at startup"
- Click OK at the bottom and close down Adobe Reader. Re-open Adobe Reader for the settings to take effect.
Refer to the screen shot below for more details: